The Heating Soulz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to The Heating Soulz forum!

Fat Princess related announcements can also be found in the THS section of CakeLair
Want to be a part of the THS family? Click Here for Application Requirements!!
Not registered on our forum? Click Here to do so now!
Featured Song: Teddybears - Cardiac Arrest!

Kill Zone 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dre
Admin
Admin
Dre

Kill Zone 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kill Zone 3   Kill Zone 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 am

Copied from cheat cc

Not Bigger, Just Better

by Amanda L. Kondolojy

If there was one complaint I had about Killzone 2, it was that the game didn't exactly live up to its epic premise. Sure, there were plenty of Helghast to kill, but the game felt a little bit empty near the end. With a final boss fight that featured more running and hiding than actual shooting, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment with the game overall. I don't have that problem with Killzone 3. Though its predecessor could be uneven at times, Killzone 3 is perfectly paced, features a fresh take on multiplayer, and of course, looks great.

Like most games of its ilk, Killzone 3 doesn't have the deepest story. The game continues immediately after the events of Killzone 2, and continues the story of the ISA's campaign against the Helghast. Even though the story itself is pretty basic, the game uses trace elements of non-linear storytelling (and just a hint of misdirection) to keep you guessing as to what is actually going on within the over-arching narrative. Though the game's final act does suffer a bit from the same old predictability, the beginning and middle feature some truly memorable moments that are worth revisiting. If you are a fan of the narrative of the larger Killzone series, you'll be delighted by the depth and layering of the story in Killzone 3.

Read more: http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/killzone3review.html#ixzz1DaOnRr00
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

But as we all know, a good story is nothing without proper pacing, and that is another area where I am glad to say that Killzone 3 definitely outshines its predecessor. The game starts you off rather simply, but once you get past the obligatory tutorial modes, the gameplay ramps up into a nice mix of firefights, boss battles, and vehicle levels. One thing that pleasantly surprised me was the variation between the game's many vehicle levels. From incredible real dogfights to intense high-speed snow escapes, the splattering of different vehicle-based areas was done extremely well in Killzone 3, and I never felt bored plowing through any of the vehicle levels, which was definitely a new experience for me.

Read more: http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/killzone3review.html#ixzz1DaOnRr00
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Copied from Cake lair

OK, OK, let’s step back for second. One of the things we always struggle with when awarding a 10 is this notion of “perfect.” So, let’s clear the air: There is no such thing as a perfect game. Any and all games come with their assortment of quirks and quibbles, slight shortcomings and trifling blemishes.

That said, Killzone 3 comes pretty gosh darn close to perfection.

We should know, because we played the heck out of it for our March cover story: a 10-page feature that includes our hard-hitting, in-depth review along with exclusive tactics straight from developer Guerrilla Games for dominating the excellent multiplayer. We even got to dig deep into the ‘Zone to uncover some of Guerrilla’s thinking behind the latest chapter in their sharp shooter.

It’s a great read, if I do say so myself, written by our very own Roger Burchill. To quote our esteemed managing editor: “Killzone 3 takes a blade, jams it into a Helghast’s eye socket, and twists it.” You’ll have to pick up the issue to find out what else Roger said, but even for those who’ve already pre-ordered the game, it’s got some great insight into why Killzone 3 is an improvement over its excellent predecessor, along with all kinds of tasty tidbits on the game that you won’t find anywhere else.

It’s a great issue overall, with lots of other incredible coverage, including a massive hands-on with MotorStorm: Apocalypse; an epic feature pitting the next wave of Marvel and DC-based games against each other; our top 10 overlooked PS3 classics; massive reviews of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and (my personal fave) Tactics Ogre; and updates on everything from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to UNCHARTED 3. The issue is on newsstands Feb. 15, and should be reaching subscriber mailboxes any day now. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
http://cakelair.net

Kill Zone 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Heating Soulz :: Significant Stuff of Insignificant Importance :: Game Reviews And Previews-
Jump to: